Friday, October 10, 2008

Catching up

We had a pretty busy weekend, and my house paid for it. Brooks promised he would help me get it clean, but it didn't happen. I just hope it happens this weekend. I've been working on the laundry all week, soI'm hoping it won't take to much to get the rest of it done. Anyway, back to last weekend. Saturday started off early with the boys both getting haircuts. Poor Cooper tends to look like a Q-tip when he needs a haircut. He has really thick hair like me. He went with his Dad to sports clips and he had a really good time. We were going to Greg and Marlo's for dinner and to watch the Vandy/Auburn game while the kids played. Cooper loves playing with their daughter Eva. That's all he talked about for two days. He told the lady cutting his hair that he was going to play with Eva and that she lived just past Walmart. When she was done with his hair, she put gel in it so he would look nice for his play date. For the rest of the afternoon he told random people he was going to Eva's house after his nap. We told Greg we would have to have playdates more often because Cooper was on his best behavior because he knew he wanted to go to Eva's house. He had a great time playing with Eva. Greg had a tent up in the back yard and they pretended they were having a camp out and made smores in the fire pit. I know I had a great time being able to interact with other adults. We met their neighbors that are about our age and have a 6 month old son. It's always nice to meet other people our age with kids. They also invited us to church on Sunday, so Cooper got to see Eva again on Sunday. They are attending a new plant church in Murfreesboro that's an offspring of Franklin Christian Church. It's really small right now and they are currently meeting at a school. They had about 75 people there the Sunday before last, so it's growing. It's a lot smaller than First Baptist Smyrna that we joined in 2004 when we thought we wanted to join a BIG church. We just never seemed to find our place there. It was too big. We've been trying to find our place ever since. We know it's important that we find somewhere with a great children's program because Cooper is already starting to ask great questions. We have several places we want to visit, so hopefully we'll find our place soon.

Anyway. Now for the pictures I promised my brother. After church on Sunday we were trying to figure out what we wanted to eat for lunch. The Titans had already kicked off, and Brooks wanted some chicken wings. I'm always up for chicken, because I eat chicken about 90% of the time. He asked where I wanted to go, I never have any ideas because I'm very indecisive. We start towards home, and up on the right is Hooters. They have great chicken wings, right? Brooks asks if I want to go in and get something to go? I said i guess, because I wouldn't imagine it's the most kid friendly place. By this time we have a major dilemma, it's time for Emme to eat. She actually was due to eat during the service, but I guess she was enjoying the sermon because she was very content and I didn't bother her. If we ordered something to go, we would have to wait for the order and she would probably be screaming bloody murder any time. If that happened we would have to feed her in the car. With her acid reflux we would then have to wait another 30-45 minutes with her in an upright position for her food to settle before we could head home. By this time, Brooks would have missed much of the first half of the football game. I asked him if he just wanted to go in, because there were only about 3 cars in the parking lot. Didn't appear to be many people there at all. He agreed because we could at least feed the baby while we were waiting on our food and he could watch the game. When walked in there were only about 2 occupied tables, and all restaurants in TN are non-smoking so it was actually quite nice. Our waitress was Bianca is she was very nice. She brought Cooper a balloon and actually told us that kids eat free on Sunday, even better right?! So if you're ever looking for somewhere for the kids to eat free on Sunday, try Hooters! We were sitting next to two men at a table and I didn't think anything of it at first, but then I began to notice the way they were dressed. I always have my camera with me because I'm a mom and I blog. You never know when you might want to capture something to document. So I take out my camera to take Cooper's picture for our blog. That's when I notice the two men next to us are Amish. This just takes the cake. Not only are we sitting at Hooters in our Sunday best after church, but we're sitting next to two Amish guys. Nobody is going to believe this. My mom is going to be so proud that I took my family to Hooters for Sunday lunch. Seriously, the girls are fully clothed. You see girls in public these days wearing way less. I'm sure back in the day their attire was considered a bit provocative, but not these days. Back to the Amish men, I'm sure this has to be against their by laws or something. They will have to pay dues or something. I don't know much about their religion, but the one man was enjoying himself too much. We were honestly there for the wings, and they were not. They were both having burgers and they can get a burger anywhere in town. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but just given what little I know about their lifestyle and culture I think they were out on a joy ride or something. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? By the way, Cooper called me out on this picture. He asked why I was taking a picture of these men. I can't get anything past him anymore.
Cooper really wanted a shirt. Just because it looked like a super man shirt. Mom will be happy that we declined the tshirts. That's the least we could do.
This was the man on the left that appeared ashamed. It was the man on the right in the red that was enjoying himself way too much. Dirty old man. He needs to pay his dues and repent.

0 comments: