Friday, August 22, 2008

It never fails!

Well folks, my son officially needs to live in a bubble. It never fails, every time we go out in public with a mass amount of people he winds up with a 103 degree fever within a few days. As you know, we went to the Wilson County fair last night and as luck would have it, Cooper now has a 103 degree fever. No symptoms leading up to it, just told me he was cold earlier and woke up saying he was hot. This happened last year after the fair, and it happens almost every time we go to Chuck E Cheese. You'd think his immune system would be stronger by now. Any ideas? He picks up any little cold at daycare, I just don't know what else to do. Give him more vitamins? We are trying to keep him as far away from the baby as possible. We've all had a cold over the past few weeks that keeps coming back, but no one has had a fever. I even kept putting antibacterial on Cooper a million times last night. At least I'm not working right now and can easily care for him. I love to baby him. He's still my little man! Let's hope he'll be back to normal in a few days. I just don't want to shelter him anymore than we already do....he sure did love the fair.

Emme is still having a time with her acid reflux. I just don't know what else to do. I guess we'll have to make another trip back to the pediatrician. Hopefully he will have some suggestion. We had three major spit ups today. It makes for a lot of laundry. She's taking the zantac, and that seems to help a bit. She had another projectile episode tonight, and she loses everything. I have learned to tell when it's going to happen, but I can't react in time to catch it. At the current rate, she has these episodes at least half of her feedings. I'm very used to spit up, as Cooper spit up every time he ate for the first six months of his life. This is very different. I just hope it doesn't hurt her. From the look and sound of it, I don't know how it wouldn't hurt. Can I just tell you again how precious she is? Throw up and all....I love her to pieces! Her little grins just make my day.

I was so busy with work the past few months before delivery that I rarely got to watch any tv in the evenings. That said, I had four episodes of Grey's Anatomy on Tivo that I was determined to catch up on before the new season begins. Today was the day! Even with both kids at home, I managed to sit down long enough to fast forward my way through three episodes. I only have the season finale remaining, and I'm hoping to watch that this weekend or on Monday. Can I just say that I was an emotional wreck today? I was crying uncontrollable. That's not anything new, I always cry at least once every episode. While I was sobbing I managed to think about every bad thing that could possibly happen to me. I thought about what I would do if I lost Brooks. I honestly don't think I could carry on. I mean, I know I would have to, but I wouldn't want to. Now that I'm married with kids it is very clear to me how brave my mom was when she lost my Dad. It was so tough on all of us, but she carried on. She took care of us like no one else could have. I know she struggled, but I never knew. She is truly a phenomenal woman. I commend her because I know it had to be so hard to not let her emotions take over and just shut down. I know I would be an emotional wreck for a really, really long time if anything happened to Brooks. Rest assured, I'd be moving right back home to NC with my mom. My family would be the only ones that could get me through that. Enough about the crazy thoughts, but those that know me know that I tend to think about terrible things happening. I don't know why. All that to say, I love Grey's Anatomy. You always get a good cry. Not that I don't cry often anyway. I'm very sensitive.

Well, I'm off to bed. I'm so happy it's the weekend. Brooks takes the baby on the weekends, and I get to sleep in Cooper's room so I don't wake up. I really look forward to a night of uninterrupted sleep. Emme really is a great girl for her Daddy. She usually sleeps through the night when every time he's in charge. We'll see. I'll update you all. Until tomorrow...Goodnight!

0 comments: