So here I am, day two of blogging. I'm proud, and it's really becoming quite addicting. I obviously have a lot to learn because my blog is rather boring. I have friends that have amazing layouts and such, but I don't know anything about that. I'll have to google that when I get time.
Let me start off by saying, What happened to my great sleeper? Emerson has slept at least one five hour stretch at night since she came home from the hospital. Not the past two nights. I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt because she just seems so hungry. We've started giving her 4 oz at a time, but she usually leaves just a little bit. Last night she was up every three hours like clock work. I'm not used to that, as she has always allowed me to get at least one long stretch of sleep. Let's hope this passes very soon. She woke up after two hours in some cases, but I was able to hold her off by snuggling and giving her the pacifier. I feel like she should have gained nicely over this past month. Let's hope she gets out of that 20% percentile this time. She should at least weigh within 9 lbs. My arms are a bit sore, so I know she is gaining. Needless to say, with her sleeping pattern last night I was extremely exhausted today. We slept in unto about 930am this morning, and I took an afternoon nap while she was sleeping. She is really a joy. She's been giving us some great smiles these days. I need to try to capture another one on camera. Haily actually captured her first smile on camera on her 1 month birthday. I was amazed. Cooper was almost 8 weeks before he flashed his first smile. She's given more smiles off and on since one month, but they have really picked up this past week. It never fails, she always smiles at Brooks when she sees him. I guess it's because he looks so funny, because I know she loves me more. :)LOL. Her favorite time to smile is when she's kicking and moving her arms and legs on the changing table. It's definitely making diaper changing so much more fun. She has also recognized herself in the mirror. That's quite amazing. She is mesmerized by the mirror. She has also found her tongue and she enjoys making lots of bubbles. It must be great being a baby. I'm sure I enjoyed it thoroughly. Too bad I don't remember.
Cooper has being doing so well the past three days, but today seemed to be more challenging. We've tried to implement the 1-2-3 countdown to consequence method and it has been working so far. I'm a bit hesitant to even mention it because everything seems to work at first. Brooks and I are really trying to make every effort to follow through. If I get to 3 he has to suffer the consequences. We're going to try to go to the Wilson County fair tomorrow, so we have been able to use that for leverage this week. He really enjoys the fair, so he's been on his best behavior. Lets just hope the racing pigs are back this year, they were the highlight of our fair trip last year. We even got to see them again at the NC state fair last year. They always draw a big crowd. On another note, he really wants to play with his baby sister. I know he will be so happy when she is more mobile and can actually laugh at him. He just wants her to be so big already. Every day he asks if she's "grown up" yet. It's very cute, but I don't want her to grow up. I'm trying to enjoy every minute of this stage. I think I spent so much time waiting for Cooper to meet milestones that I didn't enjoy every stage. I know that's because he was my first. I just can't believe how blessed we are.
We have really enjoyed the Olympics over the past few weeks. The ladies beach volleyball match just came on, and I'm hoping for gold. It's really quite entertaining. Looks like I will be using the evenings for my normal blog time. I tried to get online all day to blog, but it just didn't happen. Hopefully I'll be able to add some pictures tomorrow. I've gotten most of them off the camera, and I realized today that I need to take some pictures. I haven't taken many of Emme this week, and I'm sure she has changed. Anyway, I'll end for now. Until tomorrow...Goodnight.


0 comments:
Post a Comment